About the Board
On August 23, 1965, Act No. 476 was signed establishing the "Physical Therapy Practice Act" in Alabama.
The board was established when the governor appointed three physical therapists from a list of five names submitted to him by the Alabama Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association.
Act No. 622, signed September 4, 1969, amended Act No. 476 to provide for licensing of physical therapist assistants.
It shall be the duty of the board to pass upon the qualifications of applicants for licensing as physical therapists and licensing as physical therapist assistants, to conduct examinations, to issue licenses and renewals to physical therapists and physical therapist assistants qualifying under this article and in a proper case to suspend or revoke the license of such persons. The board may adopt rules and regulations not inconsistent with law as it may deem necessary for the performance of its duties.
Board Members (Name; PT/PTA; Congressional District; Term of Office)
- Alina Adams, PT, Member; 4th Congressional District; 11/25/13 - 10/6/17
- Chad Hobbs, PT, Member; 5th Congressional District; 12/15/14 - 10/6/19
- Ellen Strunk, PT,Member; 6th Congressional District; 10/7/16 - 10/6/21
- Wiley J. Christian III, PT, Board Chair 1st Congressional District; 10/06/15 - 10/6/20
- Nathan McGriff, PTA, Treasurer; 2nd Congressional District; 11/25/13 - 10/6/18
- Richard Vincent Molyneux, PTA, Secretary 1st Congressional District; 11/25/13 - 10/6/17
- Vacant, Consumer Member; 3rd Congressional District; 10/07/16 - 10/06/21
- Jeffrey Vinzant, Executive Director
- Sheila Wright, Executive Assistant III
- April Tucker, Clerk
Contact Us at: