- Each license expires on October 1 of the year following its issuance.
- Annual renewal period is July 1 through September 30 at midnight.
- Annual renewal fees ($93 for PTA and $130 for PT).
- 10 hours of continuing education required at renewal. (details below)
- Licensees licensed by endorsement in 2020 must have completed a minimum of two (2) hours of Alabama Jurisprudence continuing education.
- Practicing without a valid license can include a fine of up to $500, a term of imprisonment, or both.
- COURSE PROVIDERS: Please be advised that pre-approval for courses offered is not required. We will honor any coursework relevant to the practice of physical therapy.
It is your professional judgment, to determine if the continuing education activities completed are applicable, appropriate, and meet the requirements of the Board. All continuing education offerings, regardless of source will be accepted provided that it is directly related to the licensee’s practice of physical therapy and meets the GENERAL GUIDELINES.
- ALABAMA JURISPRUDENCE CE:
Two hours of Alabama Juriprudence CE is required for those licensed by endorsement in 2020. The requirement for the course is a minimum of two-hour review of the Alabama Physical Therapy Practice Act and Administrative Code. General physical therapy ethics courses may apply to your other 8 hours of CE required but do not meet the 2 hour AL Jurisprudence requirement. Below are links to known AL Jursiprudence providers that are accepted:
2021 Licensee Renewal Requirements
- All licensees are required to have a minimum of ten (10) hours of continuing education activities, unless license was obtained by Exam within the past calendar year.
- All licensees licensed by endorsement in 2020 must provide 8 hours regular CE, 2 hours of AL Jurisprudence CE.
- Continuing education submitted may not exceed the compliance period that began October 1, 2019.
- Instructions for the renewal application
Renew Your License Here.
Expired License Restoration
- Expired license may, within 5 years of its expiration date, be renewed on the payment to the board of set fees.
- Licenses expired more than 5 years may be obtained only by complying with the provisions relating to the issuance of an original license.
- Expired License Renewal Form
Original License Replacement
- A licensee may be issued an official replacement license upon completing the appropriate documentation and payment of a $5 fee.
- The licensee must complete the Affidavit of License form.
Updating Personal Information
- All Licensees are required to keep the Board apprised of changes in personal information. Changes to all contact information may be completed via the Licensee Online Profile. To complete a name change, please fill out the NAME CHANGE FORM and return to our office.